You Are Reading

0

Notty Tummy!

ameeza77 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 ,

Hari ni perut sgt2 la notty! Notty sebab makan heavy sgta hari ni, akibat tofu yg tersimpan dalam fridge 4 hari tu dah berlendir, so menu bertukar la hari ni!

Since yg ada kat kitchen tu is the sweet potato yg tak diusik2, lebih baik buat something, if not busuk pula jadi macam tofu tadi kan... Dengan niat tak nak membazir, menu hari ni sweet potatoes la for lunch n dinner yer.

For breakfast I had carrot n grape fruit juice + an apple. Then around 10am, perut ni mengada2 lapar, so I baked about 5 falafel. Lunch ingat nak buat tahu sumbat aje, so since the tofu dah tak elok, I made Baked Sweet Potatoes with Coriander, Parsley n Spicy Dressing.

I used 2 small potatoes n 1 medium sweet potatoes, chunked. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper n drizzle olive oil generously. Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes r tender.

Sementara tu boleh la siapkan dressing. I wanted something spicy today, so I just used 1 tspn of sweet paprika n 1 tspn of chilli powder + 3 tbpn of grapefruit juice, of course u can substitute with lemon or lime juice. Give it a good stir n set aside.

Once ur potatoes dah tender, tunggu suam, n boleh la u guys chopped coriander n parsley. Combine potatoes, ur green leafy n dressing, serves while hot!


Masa I chunked the sweet potatoes tu dtg la ilham nak buat soup ala2 kat hotel gitu. So here we go! I sauteed 2 medium onions, 5 cloves of garlic, 1 stick celery, 1 tomatoes + olive oil until tender. The I add on 1 1/2 - 2 cups of water with 3 medium sweet potatoes n 1 carrot, chunked n boil them until tender.

While waiting, I put 1 tomato n 1 bell green bell pepper (sebab I tak ader yg merah) drizzled with olive oil into the oven. Baked at 200°c for about 30-45mins.

Once the soup is done, add 1 tspn sweet paprika n 2 tspn chilli powder (klu tak suka hot, sila kurangkan yer), generous white n black pepper, salt to taste. I also add juice from 1/4 of grape fruit, (klu tak der, ganti la dgn lemon or lime yer). Then I let the soup simmer for 10 minutes. Once cooked, I biar sup tu suam2 kuku, before I pureed them in food processor.


Lepas dah pureed for about 3-5 minutes or until smooth, I transferred back into the pot n let simmer for another 3-5 mins. Served with baked pepper n tomato tadi :) Alhamdulillah kenyang!


Now I'm thinking to recycle the leftover soup as spaghetti sauce tomorrow but haiyi ask for roti john n haziq wants to bring tuna sandwich, so the leftover soup masuk fridge aje la dulu yer :) Now, reheating the soup for hubby
's late nite snacks ♥.







0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 four.of.us