You Are Reading

0

Maladaptive Behavior vs Karipap

ameeza77 Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This is one of the topic that we talked about during our group discussion yesterday. Arghhh... it was such a long day when we kept on discussing and realized it already 7pm and we decided to wrapp out everything although there's a lot of things are in vague.

Thank you to counselor Yap for explaining those weird counseling terms and theories. Thanks to my friend, counselor to be (CTB) Arina for invited me to join the discussion. It was fun and awesome to share knowledge like that, but all I did was just lend my ear to the details since this is my minor paper and am been so blurred about the subject. I believe I need to stop procrastinate and start reading all the kitabs from here and there, so that I could answer the final exam later :p

1st thing 1st... what is maladaptive behavior (MAB)? Well, through our discussion yesterday what i can conclude, MAB is types of behaviors that hinder an individual to adjust to some circumstances. This behavior may reduce one's worries, however it may not able to solve problems/situation. In some cases, it might worsen the situation because behavior chosen is non productive or dysfunctional. One might stay away from the situation but it totally won't improve the situation. Huhu, ble paham ke? Tak per2.. lepas ni kita kasik example yer...

Haha, that definition is definitely act only as token for me, being able to memorize those facts is good enough ! that's mean I paid attention okeh!

Ok2, let's continue with a simple example that would help you to understand and help me to retain the details yer.

Oh! this is a good one, example.... I'll be having my final semester exam in 2 weeks time, at the same time, I have a lots in my mind. A lots and lots in my hands as well. I supposed to start with my assignment @9am this morning but my thought doesn't allow me working things rite. For some reasons, what we called 'unrealistic fears' make me believe that I won't be able to complete all my tasks. My brain keep on interpreting wrong chemical reactions, thus my synapses keep on transmitting wrong information between neurons. This morning, my worries had transformed into stress therefore that's the reason of me getting nausea and dizziness. Do I need some drugs to stop those pain message from getting into my brain?

Nah! I decided to deviate my attention to other things for a while, then I remembered my inti karipap in the fridge.. I guess since I can't focus to my study and am having really bad headache, why not I settle the karipap dulu kan.

Here we go, my 1st maladaptive behavior for today! I snub the notes and headed to the kitchen and start to touch my utensils and ingredients :p, of course I started kneaded the flour for my karipap pastry ^.^. Hahah.. the feeling is absolutely heaven!

I got about 30 pcs karipap alltogether and I kept the remaining inti into the freezer. I konon2 had utilized my 3 hours time (lama pasal I terhegeh2 kelim the edges larr). Happy! I fried 5 pcs and ate them for my breakfast! The pastry was nice, just the way I like, very crisp! There you go, healing therapy for me :)

Then am putting everything here so that we can learn together about maladaptive behavior. I guess, it is not wrong to utilize another 1 hour to do some blog, plus this information is relevant for final exam :p

So do u get what maladaptive behavior is all about peeps? n how many hours I have procrastinated till now ^.^

Mode ~ gimme another half an hour to take nap yah!


0 comments:

 
Copyright 2010 four.of.us